Start taking stock
It's September, when all the kids go back to school and all the parents breathe a sigh of relief. It's also when we jump the gun a bit on the upcoming year and ask you to take a look at what your plans are for 2014.
We're looking for the best and the brightest new plants, and as you take stock of your fabulous lineup of introductions - those exciting selections you'll debut in 2014 - please make plans to submit them for American Nurseryman's annual New Plant Introductions issue. As you well know, each December we feature the most exciting new plants to come along - and that's all we feature. Nothin' but plants, nothin' but the best.
Eryngium yuccifolium 'Prairie Moon'
We want to help you promote your new plants and make this the best introductions issue ever. Just select the best of your new plants, fill in the information on our handy submission form, attach a high-res photo, and send it in. It's easy, and, as always, it's free.
Salvia 'Amistad' PPAF
A little further down the page, you'll find a link to the form, but in a nutshell, here's the information we're looking for:
1. Plant name (botanical and common)
2. Trademark name/patent number (if applicable)
3. Introduced by (company name, location)
4. USDA hardiness zone (AHS heat tolerance zone, if available)
5. Ornamental features
6. Habit and growth rate (include mature height and width)
7. Culture (light, soil, moisture)
8. Pest/disease problems or unique resistance
10. Availability: Liners? Bare root? B&B? Containers?
11. For more information (contact name, email)
12. Plus! A high-res jpg of your fabulous plant!
Echinacea 'Guava Ice'
Here's a handy link to the form, which you can download, copy and fill with information that'll make your 2014 introduction really stand out. http://bit.ly/16CsdlO
The deadline for submissions is November 1. That may sound like a long way off, but don't delay! And don't miss this opportunity to promote your fabulous new plants!