With the help of AmericanHort member company, Key Corporate Services as the search firm, the search committee is optimistic that the right fit for both association and industry will be announced prior to Cultivate’16.
The search committee is comprised of representatives from the industry including:
- Susie Raker-Zimmerman, C. Raker & Sons
- Dan Batson, Greenforest Nursery
- Bill Calkins, Ball Horticultural Company
- Terri Cantwell, Bates Sons & Daughters
- Tom Demaline, Willoway Nurseries Inc
- Dale Deppe, Spring Meadow Nursery Inc
- Mark Foertmeyer, Foertmeyer & Sons Greenhouse
- Lisa Graf, Graf Growers
- Tom Hughes, Hughes Nursery & Landscaping
With the goal of expediting the process, the search committee is seeking candidates who embody the spirit of the industry and who possess a strong understanding of the AmericanHort mission and vision. Key Corporate Services has been an invaluable partner in this process and brings with it nearly 20 years in the industry placing the right people in the right positions.
AmericanHort is currently operating under the leadership of Sherry L. Johnson, AmericanHort Vice President of Knowledge and Business Advancement and Interim CEO, as well as the team of Vice Presidents including Craig Regelbrugge, Senior VP of Industry Advocacy and Research, and Alicia Rittenhouse, VP of Member and Strategic Engagement.