There is still time to submit nominations for the Floriculture Hall of Fame and other prestigious awards — and for service-oriented SAF members to apply for recognition by the American Academy of Floriculture (AAF). The deadline to submit nominations and applications for the following honors presented by the Society of American Florists is March 1.
- Floriculture Hall of Fame, the industry’s greatest honor, recognizes individuals who exemplify floriculture’s highest standards of service and responsibility.
- Paul Ecke, Jr. Award recognizes individuals for exemplary devotion to the profession and community.
- Gold Medal Award honors the originator or introducer of a widely distributed plant or flower of significant horticultural and commercial value.
- John H. Walker Award recognizes floral association executives for their role as industry leaders.
- Alex Laurie Award for Research and Education honors an individual’s contributions to floriculture research or education.
- Century Award recognizes companies who have served the floral industry for 100 years or longer. All floral businesses that have achieved their 100th anniversary are eligible.
- AAF accepts industry members who meet the Academy’s high standards of service to their industry and community.
Download nomination forms and applications from safnow.org/awards. For more information, contact SAF’s Jenester Corbin at (800) 336-4743, ext. 234; firstname.lastname@example.org. Professional Floral Communicators – International has closed its membership application process as well as nominations for the 2016 Tommy Bright Award.
SAF will honor the 2016 award recipients during SAF Maui 2016, the association’s 132nd Annual Convention, Sept. 21-24, 2016, at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua in Maui, Hawaii.