UConn Extension is sponsoring the 2015 Garden Conference on Thursday, March 19, 2015. The conference will be held at the University of Connecticut, Lewis B. Rome Commons in Storrs, CT.
The 2015 UConn Garden Conference features a lineup of top national speakers and local experts on various aspects of garden design, maintenance, and plant selection. This all-day conference offers educational opportunities for gardeners of all levels, from the casual gardener to the Advanced Master Gardener. The speakers featured at the conference will include:
- Keynote speaker, author, and acclaimed photojournalist Mark Hirsch, who will present a talk based on his inspirational book That Tree.
- Art Wolk, award-winning bulb grower, writer and lecturer, speaking on Bulb Forcing for Beginners & the Seriously Smitten.
- Landscape designer Amy Sampson, owner of AES Landscape Design & Consultation, talking about Residential Landscape Design Principles.
- Smithsonian Gardens Horticulturist James Gagliardi, speaking on Creating Seasonal Interest for Winter Gardens.
- Professional Environmentalist and Wild Foods Enthusiast Russ Cohen, speaking on Edible Native Plants for Your Landscape
Program and registration information, including online registration, is available at www.2015garden.uconn.edu. A pre-registration fee of $90 per person is due by March 12. The fee is $100 per person if postmarked after March 12 or for walk-ins. A registration discount of $20 per person if registering groups of 3 or more together is available. Student registration is $25 with valid school ID. Registration is limited and nonrefundable. Please make checks payable to the University of Connecticut and send to Joan Allen, University of Connecticut, Department of Plant Science and Landscape Architecture, 1376 Storrs Road, Unit 4067, Storrs, CT 06269-4067.
Included with your registration: an information packet, lunch, morning and afternoon snacks, free parking, and selected autographed books plus a wide array of gardening books at the Garden Conference bookstore. Plants are also available for purchase.
If you have questions about the conference, please contact Joan Allen at 860-486-6740, email: firstname.lastname@example.org