Want to keep up with the latest news in commercial horticulture? Check back every Thursday for a quick recap of recent happenings in the green industry.

Registration Opens for 2016 ASLA Annual Meeting & EXPO
Registration is now open for the American Society of Landscape Architects’ (ASLA) 2016 Annual Meeting & EXPO planned for October 21-24 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans. More than 130 education sessions, field sessions and workshops will be presented during the meeting.

NALP Foundation Board of Directors Announced
The National Association of Landscape Professionals has announced its 2016-2017 Foundation Board of Directors. Click here to see the full list.

Production Tour Planned for New Jersey
AmericanHort announced that it will host a tour this fall of growing facilities in the Southern New Jersey. The Field & Covered Production Tour, September 14-15, will include stops at Overdevest Nurseries, Centerton Nursery, and Lucas Greenhouses. Lucas Greenhouses is one of eight pilot sites for SANC (Systems Approach to Nursery Certification).

The 2016 Academy of Crop Production
The Georgia Green Industry Association and the University of Georgia Cooperative Extension Service are producing a new education event called The 2016 Academy of Crop Production to be held in Athens, Georgia June 12 to 15The Academy of Crop Production is a conference dedicated to sharing information on advanced ornamental crop production and business management techniques for ornamental producers. 

Anuvia SymTRX 16-8-0-16S
Anuvia Plant Nutrients introduced SymTRX 16-8-0-16S, a homogenous plant nutrition product that uses the power of the Organic MaTRX to deliver nutrients.
SymTRX 16-8-0-16S will be made as SGN 260 granules and will feature a two-stage release pattern with 65 percent of nitrogen being released during the first two weeks, followed by a slow release of the remaining 35 percent over a six-to-eight week period.

NGB Accepting Applications for Therapeutic Garden Grants
The National Garden Bureau (NBG) will grant $5,000 this fall to be split among three therapeutic gardens in North America. A group of horticulture therapy experts will narrow all applications down to three finalists. Those three finalists will then be asked to submit a one-minute video that will be posted on the website and all involved parties will solicit feedback from the public, using social media, to vote on the garden they wish to receive the grants. The top vote-getter will receive $3,000, second and third place will receive $1,000 each. Deadline is July 1.

Hunter Industries Acquires Hydrawise
Hunter Industries has announced the acquisition of Hydrawise, a manufacturer of Wi-Fi based irrigation controllers and web-based software. This acquisition marks a step by Hunter into the internet of things space for control, management and optimization of residential and commercial landscape irrigation.

GCA Summer Tour 2016
Garden Centers of America (GCA) is hosting a summer tour June 26 to 29 in Portland, Oregon. The tour will take attendees behind-the-scenes of garden centers.


Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter