Project EverGreen has announced its officers and board of directors for 2016.
The 2016 Project EverGreen Officers include President Dan Carrothers, Emery Oleochemical; Secretary/Treasurer Mike Dauer, Real Green Systems; and Immediate Past President Bill Vogel, Spring Valley.
Serving on the 2016 Project EverGreen Board of Directors are:
- Linda Beattie, Schiller Grounds Care
- Sean Casey, Nufarm
- Scott Cole, BASF
- George Furrer, Sipcam Advan
- Fred Haskett, The Harvest Group
- Doug Obermann, PBI Gordon
- Pierre Pereira, Billy Goat
- Dave Ravel, Syngenta
- Brad Seipel, MARC Research
- Maureen Thompson, FMC
- Murray Wingate, Lebanon
“Project EverGreen is fortunate to have such a talented and dedicated group of professionals serve on our board,” says Cindy Code, executive director of Project EverGreen. “Their depth of experience and passion for managed green spaces are a great benefit not only to our foundation, but to neighborhoods and communities nationwide.”
Project EverGreen programs and initiatives include:
- GreenCare for Troops/SnowCare for Troops
- “Healthy Turf. Healthy Kids.”™
- Managed green space revitalization projects
- Environmental Communicator of the Year
In 2015, Project EverGreen spearheaded renovation projects covering more than 250,000 square feet of managed green spaces with in-kind donations from professional contractors and suppliers totaling nearly $100,000. In addition to the managed green space projects, Project EverGreen’s GreenCare and SnowCare for Troops volunteers delivered snow and ice removal, and lawn care and landscape services valued at $1 million to hundreds of military families and wounded/disabled veterans across the U.S.