The Western Nursery & Landscape Association is focused on engaging Gen Y, Millennials and horticulture students at the upcoming 2016 Western on January 21 to 22. The next generation is critical to the success of our industry, the members’ companies and to WNLA.
WNLA is launching an Emerging Leaders Education Series. The series will kick off at the 2016 Western with the facilitated discussion with webinars scheduled throughout 2016. Emerging Leaders: Gen X and Y professionals are stepping up to lead roundtable discussions on a broad range of topics.
- Dawn Bulechek, Pleasant Valley & Jessica Feuerbach
- Michael Garrett, Trees, Forests & Landscapes
- Gabby Grutsch, Kinghorn Gardens
- Molly Palmer, Rothwell Landscape
- Christina Riessen, Bailey Nurseries, Inc.
Emerging Leaders are invited to join for a facilitated discussion at the 2016 Western to discuss the opportunities and challenging facing young professionals in the horticulture industry.
- Five horticulture students from colleges and universities in the Midwest have been invited to join the Western Nursery & Landscape Association’s Student Advisory Committee. The Committee will meet at the 2016 Western for a facilitated conversation on the industry, role the Association plays in helping members (including student members) and the opportunities within the industry for students. The Committee will also meet with the WNLA Board to share their ideas on how the Association can better help and support students.
- The Student Forum will offer college and university students the opportunity interact with the Western’s keynote speaker, Doug Tallamy. This question and answer session is designed to provide students with unrivaled access to the keynote speaker at each Western, offering students the opportunity to raise issues and ask questions that are of interest to them.
Contact the Western Nursery & Landscape Association by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-233-1876 to get involved.