Want to keep up with the latest news in commercial horticulture? Check back every Thursday for a quick recap of recent happenings in the green industry
NALP Launches New Safe Company Program
The National Association of Landscape Professionals has recently revamped their signature national safety program for landscape and lawn care companies. The new program, called the Safe Company Program, helps companies lower their total costs by reducing hazards and injuries. The Safe Company Program materials are valued at $500. NALP members can join the program for $100 and the price for non-members is $250, which includes entry into the Safety Recognition Awards in the first year.
Participants of the program are asked to sign a Safe Company Pledge that commits their company to implementing a strong safety program. The program includes:
- A recently updated comprehensive and customizable electronic Safe Company Program Manual (English & Spanish)
- An electronic copy of the Safety Benchmarking Report
- An electronic copy of the Safety Tailgate Training Manual
- Complimentary entry to the NALP Safety Recognition Awards for the first year of participation
- Recognition as a Safe Company Participant on the NALP website
- Use of a Safe Company logo and press release template
HortScholars Program Available
The HortScholars program is open for any college student in a horticulture-related program. Students must apply before March 1.